- Re: 4th of July - "I am happy with the day off, but still suspicious that they might have something in store for us." (they did!).
- "If bumping into a drill sergeant is bad, bumping and saying 'sorry drill sergeant' is 10,000 times worse."
- "Since I haven't had any sugar other than in Powerade, the apples and grapes taste great." (He's actually eating fruit!!)
- "Next thing I knew, we were doing 8-count push ups and planks in our gas masks."
- "Getting our weapons was a huge high point, until we realized that they are basically 8lb dumbbells."
- "The thing about Drill Sergeant G is that there is always a lesson behind the smokings. We went from low crawling to him teaching us how to move under fire without getting shot." (well there's a relief!)
- "The Drill Sergeants here are very . . . dedicated. I forgot who said 'I will kill you, rip out your soul and eat it . . . and then spit it out because it tastes so bad.' "
I can tell he's happy and that makes me happy and yes, I still miss him like hell.
A Soldier's Mom
This is a journal about my experiences as a soldier's Mom. My son gradated OSUT at Fort Benning in October 2013. He is currently stationed at Fort Carson, CO.